Overcoming Motion Sickness
February 24th, 2021 | Motion Sickness
What will you do if you go on a long road trip or travel by plane to another place and suddenly feel sick?
You feel like the food you ate moves up and down, you may even experience this bowling movement on an empty stomach, and as a result, you become dizzy. Feelings of nausea, sweating, and headache overcome you. This is called motion sickness. If you are suffering from motion sickness, read on to learn how to deal with it, but if you want to learn how to prevent it, we have another article that is for you.
Have you ever wondered why some of us experience motion sickness? It’s because when we are traveling, our bodies are not in still positions, and the landscapes are constantly changing. Your eyes and inner ears are sensing that you are moving, but in reality, you are not. This causes the brain to receive confusing signals, like a moving sensation from your eyes and ears and a still sensation from your body which ultimately results in motion sickness.
About 1 in 3 people go through this situation. Women and children under 12 years are the most common demographic to experience motion sickness. Since it’s not a medical condition, you don’t usually need to take medication for this condition. Instead, home remedies and simple precautions can treat this condition. However, if the condition is severe, your doctor can prescribe medication.
But isn’t it better to be safe than to suffer? We can take some precautions to avoid motion sickness, and still if you face this condition, you can treat yourself with home remedies. Here I am sharing some ways which will help you to deal with motion sickness.
Do’s And Don’ts While Travelling
If you suffer from motion sickness while traveling you can avoid it by following these tips.
- If you are traveling in a car, try to sit in the front seat, while if you are traveling in a boat, try sitting in the middle. However, if you are traveling by air, avoid sitting with the window seat.
- Don’t look here and there; instead, focus your eyes on a single point and look straight.
- Take some rest or rest your eyes by closing them. Followed with a deep breath.
- If you’re traveling via car, you can break your journey to take some fresh air. If you are in a plane, you can roam around the plane to get yourself comfortable.
- Try to avoid using electronic devices.
- Don’t read books or watch movies.
- If you feel motion sickness more often, try not to eat heavy meals before your trip, and during traveling, you can eat and drink biscuits and tea.
- Don’t focus on moving objects; this might confuse your sight and hearing, and your brain will get confusing signals then.
Even after following these precautions, you may still feel motion sickness, so you can try some home remedies, which we will share next.
Home remedies to minimize motion sickness
This is a fantastic ingredient to treat many conditions naturally and the best remedies to overcome motion sickness. You can eat a piece of raw ginger before you start traveling to avoid motion sickness. While traveling, you can drink ginger tea or ginger candies to fight nausea. Remember, if you have high blood pressure or are a diabetic patient, consult your doctor’s because it is a blood thinner.
Mint is another amazing natural ingredient to keep your bowel movement in control and save you from vomiting and nausea.
Acupuncture and Acupressure
This is a technique to press different pressure points in our body (points where the blood vessels meet) to treat a specific condition. For nausea, you need to press a certain point just below your wrist.
These are the natural ways and precautions via which you can minimize the effect of motion sickness. However, if these methods aren’t working, you can take some medications like Scopolamine patches and antiemetic medicines after a doctor’s prescription.
- All-Natural (4)
- Blog (47)
- Cancer (16)
- Diet (8)
- Holidays (4)
- Lifestyle (8)
- Motion Sickness (9)
- Nausea (27)
- New Mothers (5)
- Prebiotics (1)
- Preggie Products (11)
- Preggie Testimonial (17)
- Pregnancy (57)
- Queasy Products (13)
- Queasy Testimonial (18)
Find Our Products
We have passed the sales of our products to our distributors and partners. You can purchase online or find a local store.