July 12th, 2023 | Lifestyle
Why is weekly massage something everyBODY needs – especially pregnant women
Massage has always been considered a luxury. However, if everyone knew all the benefits – they would get a massage every week! And if you are one of them, way to go! It is a common misconception that the experience must be for special occasions only. In fact, all you need to do is relax and enjoy for a little bit and reap all the benefits that come along with it.
A massage is more than just loosening any tense muscles. It is a soothing feel that relieves you from any tension and stress done to the mind and the body too! Still on the fence about the benefits of regular massage? Check out some of the best ones below:
- Higher serotonin levels – the happy chemical in the body activates every time you get a massage. The increased production of serotonin can help decrease any chronic pain, back pain, headaches, arthritis, and more. Regular massage can alleviate symptoms of inflammation all through the body.
- Lower cortisol levels – the cortisol stress chemical can make the body go into overdrive. Thankfully, a good rub-down decreases stress levels, ultimately leading to less anxiety, stress, and depression. When getting a massage, your body experiences an increased blood flow – which decreases blood glucose. That is why a massage promotes the effectiveness of insulin, making it an excellent choice for people with diabetes.
- Improved lymphatic system – this system carries fluids through the entire body. Some health conditions can lead to blocked flow and swelling in the lymph system, but massage can make a difference. Some massage types restore the body’s natural processes and improve the work of the lymphatic system.
Is massage good during pregnancy?
Pregnancy is a wonderful journey! Yes, it comes with its ups and downs, but it is unique for every woman! Other than the benefits we just mentioned, any expectant mommy should talk to her doctor or health care provider about massage during pregnancy since each pregnant mom is different. If she is cleared for massage, she may enjoy the following benefits of a pregnancy massage:
- Better sleep – sleep can sometimes be difficult, especially during pregnancy. A nice pregnancy massage can help you get the rest you and your baby need. Giving your body a good night of sleep is important.
- A better posture – as the baby grows, the weight might impact your posture. You might find it difficult to stand up straight at a certain point. Posture is important, and a good rub can relax your tense muscles and help you restore your balance.
- Decreased heartburn symptoms – massage can help relieve the stress on the nervous system and stop the pressure in the stomach. As a result, you may experience a less heartburn. If you are one of the lucky few, it might completely disappear!
- Helps with development and delivery – a good pregnancy massage can boost your baby’s development because more blood and oxygen reach the fetus. Last but not least, as labor is getting closer, pregnant women who have regular massage sessions feel less pain during delivery.
If you feel nauseous during your blissful journey, try our Preggie Naturals! They are just as good as a massage and will help you go about your days without worries!
Don’t hesitate to discover our products, read more about them, and make your purchase! You can read more about the benefits of massage with our friends at IAB Health Productions.