June 7th, 2023 | Lifestyle
Staying Active as a Family
Balancing the wants and needs of all family members can be a chore in itself. Sometimes, you may get caught up in the spur of the moment and start missing the bigger picture – which is family health!
Ask yourself this – if you want to mix family and wellness, what is the first thing that comes to mind? Physical activity, of course! There is a wide range of sports activities that can boost the health of the body, mind, and soul. Dedicating at least 30 minutes a day may seem like a lot, but if you find a good activity, it will not be enough! And this is just the tip of the iceberg!
Today we want to provide you with a few suggestions to develop healthy family habits, resulting in a home filled with love, happiness, and, most of all – outstanding well-being.
Family and wellness – some ideas for you
Here are a few wonderful ideas that perfectly combine family and wellness. We are certain that all members will love them!
- Taking a walk – It is no surprise that staying active as a family is vital. A daily walking schedule – such as every day after dinner – is all you need to maintain the overall well-being of all family members. Besides moving your body, you get to go outside and spend some time with your loved ones. Find out how their day went, what new challenges came their way, etc. You can create a competition – a streak that has to be fulfilled. You can even boost morale by offering a prize to the winner in the form of another fun activity!
- Keep it simple – whether you are looking into physically or mentally healthy family activities, the main thing to keep in mind is to keep it simple. Get ideas from your partner or kids – ask them what fun activities they would like to include in their daily schedule. They can even make a small list, and you can decide what you like best together!
- Minimize screen time – as people who support a healthy lifestyle, we are happy to include this one on the list. Keeping screen time to a minimum can help both you and your child create a healthy relationship with technology. Think about how to make this happen and talk to everyone about it. No screen time is recommended for children under 2, and 30 minutes a week is the maximum recommended for those over 2.
- Have a reason why you are doing it – family and wellness are vast subjects when it comes to activities, but it is always nice to know there is a cause to what you are doing. From an opportunity point of view, getting physically and mentally active comes with a grand reward! Making your family feel like they are part of a wellness journey can motivate them more! Make it enjoyable.
- Add some health to the kitchen, too – physical activity goes hand in hand with healthy foods, so talk to your family about healthier food choices. Discuss what you prefer and what you want to try, and build a weekly menu based on that. Talk about supplements too! Vitamins and minerals are important for the healthy functioning of the body and mind. Here is where we can help! In addition to our family nutrition tips, consider our Queasy Sugar-free lozenges when you need some relief from nausea to keep your family on the wellness track.
Family and wellness are easy if you use the right approach – with our tips and products, you’re one step away from healthy family habits! Our mission is to help you get there! Read more about our products and purchase them!