Post-pregnancy and Health – What Should Women Expect?
May 17th, 2023 | New Mothers, Pregnancy
What to Expect When You’re Expecting?
“What to expect when you’re expecting?” – sounds like a cute phrase we’ve all heard. But what about what comes after, i.e., “What to expect when you’re not expecting?”?
Postpartum can be a challenging time for any new mom. Some post-pregnancy symptoms can last for about six weeks, others even longer. If you have just given birth, welcome to the crazy ride that has many ups and downs! Postpartum is part of a wonderful journey, and as part of National Women’s Health Week, we are here to help you achieve full recovery after giving birth.
Which symptoms you might experience?
Depending on the type of delivery you had, your postpartum symptoms may vary. Also, since this is a unique experience, consider some individual factors – if this is your first baby or not, whether you have other children to care for and if you are planning to return to work or not.
Below are the most common symptoms that you may experience post-pregnancy!
- Vaginal bleeding – it is a normal part of the delivery process as the body cleanses itself from the excess blood. It also ensures you get rid of all the tissue that lined your uterus while you were expecting. While it may be frightening at first, remember that this symptom is completely natural and tends to disappear after a few days. In some cases, you may experience spotting or bleeding for a few weeks. So, always make sure to have some tampons or pads nearby.
- Stomach cramps – the uterus expands when you are pregnant and tries to shrink back to its normal size after birth. While this happens, you will likely experience cramps in your lower abdominal area. The strongest ones happen a couple of days after postpartum. Find some light anti-inflammatory options to soothe your pain.
- Fatigue – having a new tiny human in the household is quite the adventure! But taking care of your new baby and constantly being around it can make you lose some sleep, feel fatigued, and experience a lack of energy. In these situations, share the load – invite a family member or a friend to help or lean on your partner’s support. Remember, you are not in this alone!
- A sore body – you may have pushed an entire human out of you, or undergone surgery for the birth – in either case – no wonder your body hurts! Delivering a baby is like doing a triathlon – every muscle hurts, even the ones you didn’t know existed. Preparing a warm bath may be very helpful – by doing so, you will relax your muscles, and your post-pregnancy symptoms will be brought to a minimum. For even more comfort, you can massage your most inflamed areas.
- Nausea – we know it’s not fair – but sometimes you have nausea after delivery! Well, in this case, focus as much as you can on maintaining optimal health while keeping nausea at bay. Our Preggie line is the perfect solution for you! The lozenges or lollipops can help you alleviate the symptoms of postpartum and ease you into the life as a mother! Additionally, you can recommend them to other soon-to-be mothers as a form of pregnancy relief.
We hope that these tips will make your postpartum a breeze! Remember to check out our products in the store, and keep reading our articles that will make you observe National Women’s Health Month in the best way!
- All-Natural (4)
- Blog (47)
- Cancer (17)
- Diet (9)
- Holidays (5)
- Lifestyle (9)
- Motion Sickness (10)
- Nausea (29)
- New Mothers (8)
- Prebiotics (1)
- Preggie Products (12)
- Preggie Testimonial (20)
- Pregnancy (61)
- Queasy Products (12)
- Queasy Testimonial (15)
Find Our Products
We have passed the sales of our products to our distributors and partners. You can purchase online or find a local store.